Sunday, September 5, 2010

Broken Frame

+

All I've ever known
Is the day you fade away.
I can feel it coming
From a mile away
Every time I think I'm prepared
I fall right out from under my chair
Please don't leave me
I just don't understand
When all I ever needed was the love
Of a man.
They walk the path of my father
Present in his own self-disorder
And I'd wonder why you had me for your daughter
When all I ever needed was the love from a father
All my insecurities trouble me
Leaving me stranded
Alone
Waiting for my heart to find a home.
They say your family is your core
But for me its been nothing but
A huge sore.
Blisters burst and out come men
Finding me in places I don't even know where to begin.
So the pattern continues and I learn to look within
To find my truth
And the journey of these men
For I am the jagged picture in a busted broken frame.
And all my past lovers
Are nothing but the same.

-L.C.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment